Go to any casino in the world (both online and the real ones) and you will be asked to buy ‘chips’ at first. Now, if you are a newbie, you may wonder what does that word mean. If you are cognizant with the typical casino jargon, you will buy your portions and move forward to playing the games. There is a common misconception among common people that the gamblers go the casinos with their pockets full of real cash bills and they empty the money on the tables. But have you noticed in those 007 movies those stacks of coin-shaped multicolored (blue, red, green etc) discs or cards when Mr Bond plays casino? You got it right, those coins and cards are collectively called as gambling chips.
What are these gambling chips?
Chips or checks are universal gambling currency. Gambling machines do not directly deal with real currencies. The chips come in different colors indicating different denominations. So the interested player needs to buy chips against real money. For example, if you want to start playing with $500 then first you need to buy chips worth $500. So it is like you have come to a new country and just exchanging currencies. After you are done with your gambling sessions, you have to cash in the chips you have in your hand for real money at cashier’s desk. Remember, the chips are valid only inside the casinos. They have no value in the real world.
Evolution of gambling chips
The history says that during the 17th century, small gold pieces, gold coins or nuggets were used to act as ‘chips’. Those were the most primitive forms of chips in the history of gambling. Gradually, such chips made of different materials like animal bone, paper, ivory, wood also came into being. A combination of shellac and clay was also used to create ancient chips. The first registered manufacturing of chips happened during 1880 to 1930. Few companies commercially manufactured chips of 1000 variants with the clay composition mentioned above. Back then the prime color of casino tokens were white, blue, red and yellow. With the passage of time, chips made of ceramic or special plastic formula also appeared in the market designed with the latest technologies.
Design of gambling chips
Design process technology of gambling chips is considered to be one of the most significant gambling secrets. Each casino has its own distinct types of gambling chips. Although, generally, manufacturing one single chip is pretty costly and takes a good amount of time. The printed graphics of the chips which are fondly called ‘inlay’ which are fixed on the surface in way that one cannot detach them without destroying the chips.
Gambling chips: Colors & Denominations
Even if there is no such thing as a standard color scheme; white, red and blue are the most commonly used chips across major casinos. The common denominations of poker chips range from as low as $0.50 to $5000 or more. In world poker tournaments, this denomination goes up to $250,000.
No Comments »
Who told you that you have to step into the Vegas landscape and soak the flashing euphoria to play amazing casino games? We cannot say that was a past, but it is certainly not the only way of doing it. Technology gives us the green light to enjoy the pleasure of being at home and playing casinos without stepping out. But technology is just the medium. You remember the proverb that says “if you can’t reach the mountain, the mountain will come to you.” Proving this statement true, the casino companies have found ways to reach you when you don’t have the option to reach the casino city.
If you are new to the world of online gambling then here is the list of top 5 best casino rooms and their exclusivities –
- Bovada: This is one of the US friendly casino rooms which offer 100% welcome bonus up to $500. Came into being in 2005, it stands out in the crowd for its more than 100 action-packed gambling games to choose from. Their lucrative 97.5% payout percentage as well as the sign up bonus applicable for keno, video slots and scratch card players; make it popular among US casino lovers. As Bovada casino is an undertaking of Bodog Casino group, the players can be assured of the casino software as they use RTG’s products.
- Nordic Bet: Although Nordic Bet does not come in the list of US friendly casino rooms, but it certainly tops the chart of best casino rooms. It’s 100% sign up bonus can go up to €100. Now, that is something you don’t get often and this Nordic Bet casino has been offering this outstanding bonus for the last 10 years. Trading in the online market since 1997, this government of Malta licensed lets its players choose from 150 games some of which are based from the fantastic Net Entertainment software platform.
- Coral Casino: Another fantastic European sportbook and friendly casino room, Coral Casino offers 500% welcome or sign up bonus up to £50. They also have a wide range of nearly 300 casino games to choose from. It’s also considered as a heaven for slots lovers as one is spoilt of choices from its 90 above different types of slots machines. Besides this Coral Casino gives out fabulous casino bonuses and promotional offers each and every month. For using Playtech software and being licensed, this is one of the most secured casino rooms.
- InterCasino: InterCasino is renowned for generating the largest number of winners compared to other online casinos. From its emergence in 1998, it welcomes its new players by offering a sign up bonus of 100% up to £250 – a great offer especially using their unique Cryptologic software platform.
Now, as we have talked about the top 4 online casino rooms, it’s time to tell you the top 4 rule to ensure you always enjoy your gambling experience;
1) Look for advice from knowledgeable experts on which online casinos are safe to play with
2) If you don’t know how to play a game, try it in free play mode before wagering
3) Choose games with a high RTP % – this can usually be found in the game help file in most reputable casinos
4) Stop playing if it stops being fun!
No Comments »
There are different variations of poker available across the world and 5 Card Stud Poker is probably the most ancient form. Although previously it was considered to the simplest poker, with the due course of time, it has evolved to be one of the complex yet interesting poker variations. Its intriguing game-rules and charming features still manage to hold back its true fans. But still for some people, 5 Card Stud Poker seems a bit tough to understand. Here the basic things you need to know about this poker form and how to play it skillfully.
Learn the basic rules of 5 Card Stud Poker, study the rules and help your luck shine.
- Like every other poker forms, 5 Card Poker begins with every player placing the ‘ante’ on the table. It creates the pot. Normally, this ante cannot be refunded and if a player folds in this stage, he will lose the game.
- Once the ante part is over, the dealer gives each of the players two cards; one face up and one face down. The face up card is fondly called the ‘door card’.
- Now, it’s turn of the player whose door card shows the lowest value among others to start betting. This initial betting is known as ‘bring-in’. This bring-in or initial betting amount happens to be the 50% of the lower wager. In some cases, ‘bring-in’ is not in the gaming convention.
- Then player with the highest valued door card starts betting. If the door cards of two of the players turn out to be same, the player who sits next to the dealer gets the chance to bet first.After the first round betting is over, the dealer once again gives all the players one card each. This card is normally served face up and it’s the total value of all the face up cards that decide who will start the initial betting
- While the game is on, a player can perform four activities. Betting, folding, checking (waiting and seeing others’ moves and making the bet accordingly), and raising. Players with weak hand and having no chance of winning the game folds hand as a gesture of leaving the game. Surviving players bring the game to its next round.
- Third round betting is possible if situation demands so. Just like first and second rounds, here too, the dealer deals every player with a face up card. The highest value of the face up card determines who will place the initial bet. Now, it becomes easier to make bets as the hands can be assumed easily. A player who is consistently getting weak cards should not put much hope on the next round. In such case, it will be wiser to fold hands and leave the game.
- The fourth round starts with the dealing of river card. Following the conventional method of poker, river card is considered to be the last card which can be followed by another betting session.
- Player with the strongest hand wins the match. If two players have same value then the cards value is taken into account.
Follow these easy steps and try your hands at 5 Card Stud Poker online for free first.
No Comments »
Posted by: Dave Dice in Slots
Slot machines, with their captivating looks and functions, never fail to impress even the most casino-disbeliever. The spinning reels, the arm and the various attractive symbols in the video display; this “wheel of fortune” has an aura of excitement and fun with it. People find it very amusing to insert coins in this electronic gaming machine which may, in turn, flood you with money. Now, this is about the amateur slots players for whom it’s just a way of passing leisure moments and nothing else. But if you are serious about this casino game then you need to learn some tips and tricks to maximize your chance of winning.
Here are 5 super hot online slot tips which can be truly helpful for your play sessions.
- Play maximum coins: By playing a single coin, you will limit your chance of winning big amounts. It will not matter even if you have hit the highest payoff combination. But when you are playing the maximum amount of coins, you get the eligibility for progressive jackpot or even higher payout level etc. Regarding the progressive slots, you need to have one such machine attached or linked to your machine.
- Know about the paylines and slots types: This particular slot tips is helpful if you are playing video slots as it can have 25 paylines. Now, you need to be aware of different jackpots, paylines and the method of choosing coins for each variation. For a machine with 25 paylines, it will not be wiser to play the maximum coins as it does not ensure the highest payout in progressive jackpot. So to hit the best symbol combination, you need to play maximum paylines as well. At the end of the day, you may have to pay more than usual, but if you get the chance to win the game nobody will be happier than you.
- Don’t sit for a long time: People often face a players’ block if being sit in front of the machine for a longer time without winning a single game. Such people are termed as ‘zombie’ who loss the patience and grow frustration eventually. That, in turn, disrupts the focus of the player leading to disastrous steps. So if you are sitting in front of a single machine which is not giving out anything, it’s better to stand up, go around and take a few minutes break.
- Make the most of bonus rounds: Bonus rounds come when fortune shines. So you need to make the most of that fortune by playing it in the best way. If you are playing slots, you may not get bonus rounds. But the full version bonus slots can truly give you this wonderful chance of winning a game without paying anything from your pocket.
- Play the full version: Online free slots are perfect for amateur players. But you need to keep in mind that free slots do not give much options and opportunities. To earn money from slots, you need to download the full version in your computer.
No Comments »
Blackjack, one of the popular traditional card games, is fun as it does not include the anxiety of losing out big bucks to some unknown player or the spinning wheel. Blackjack is about the player Vs the dealer. No game of chance, no bluff, no hand-tricks; it’s about fate. The aim is to reach the hand value of 21, but not to cross 21 in order to win a game. Now, before you play blackjack, understand two basic hands – soft and hard hands.
Tips for playing soft hands -
Soft hand means you have an Ace with a value of 11. Often new players show a distaste towards soft hands as it makes the player dependent on the next card producing the fear of making an error that can spoil the whole game. But soft hands, if player carefully and strategically, can actually cut down the House Edge and ensure you the best advantage to win the game.
Learn the best strategies of playing with soft hands here –
1. Develop your skill of tracking the cards the Dealer is holding. In case you hold a combination of an Ace and two or three and the Dealer has either a five or a six then without thinking go for doubling the bet. Hit your hand otherwise.
2. ‘Hit’ will be the right choice if you hold a combination of an Ace + a 4 or an Ace + a 5. But if the Dealer holds anything between 4 and 6, you should consider ‘Double Down’.
3. There is this common mistake when people prefer to stick when they get an Ace + a 6. This should not be your right choice unless you can 4, 5 and 6 in the Dealer’s hand. Press the ‘Hit’ button otherwise.
4. A moment of confusion when you have an Ace + a 7. If the Dealer has 2, 7 and 8 then ‘Stand’. If the Dealer has anything between 3 and 6, press ‘Double’. For any other possibilities press ‘Hit’.
5. We are almost done with the confusing, scaring and brainstorming possibilities. Finally, we will discuss about the easy scenarios to give you a bit relief. If you have an Ace + an 8/9 then either ‘Stick’ or ‘Stand’ as the ultimate advantage will be yours in such cases.
6. Try to play the Soft Hands until they convert into Hard Hands.
Tips for playing for Hard Hands
Hard hand means you may not necessarily have an Ace. Even if you have an Ace, its value will be 1 and not 11 unlike Soft Hands. So if you face hard hands, you need to understand the way out.
Learn here the best strategies of playing with Hard Hands –
1. If you get an 8 or cards with lesser values press the ‘Hit’ button.
2. If you receive a 9 and the Dealer is showing anything between 3 and 6, press ‘Double Down’. Press ‘Hit’ if the Dealer is showing anything else.
3. If you receive a 10 and the Dealer is showing anything between 2 and 10 then press ‘Double Down’. For any other cards in the Dealer’s hand, press ‘Hit’.
4. If you get an 11 and the Dealer is holding anything between 2 and 10 then press ‘Double Down’. But if the Dealer has an Ace then ‘Hit’ should be your choice.
5. If you have a 12 and the Dealer has either a 2 or a 3 then simply press the ‘Hit’ button. For a 4, 5 or 6 in Dealer’s hand press ‘Stand’. For any other probabilities on Dealer’s hand press ‘Hit’.
6. If you receive anything between 13 and 16 and the Dealer has anything between 2 and 6 then do not think of anything else than ‘Stand’. If the Dealer shows anything else then press ‘Hit’.
7. If you get anything between 17 and 21 and the Dealer shows anything between 2 and 6 then your choice should always be ‘Stand’.
If you are a novice Blackjack player then practice these steps by playing free online Blackjack games for a number of times. When you gain confidence, shift to become a serious player and play for money.
No Comments »
Do you live and die for blackjack? If yes, then Mike Aponte should sound familiar in your ears. Mike or MIT Mike is a celebrity blackjack player who is well known for his multiple achievements in this gambling field. An ex MIT Blackjack Team member, one of the leading member of the group of MIT students who showed world the way to win millions of dollars legally by counting cards; Mike’s career graph inspired the best seller author Ben Mezrich to sketch Jason Fisher upon this master blackjack star.
Mike has expressed his inescapable passion for blackjack a number of times in interviews or articles. And it seems nothing could stop him from turning his passion into his fulltime passion. Beforehand, the common notion about blackjack or other popular casino games as the game of chance or game of destiny. But Mike was determined to prove it wrong by exhibiting the power of mathematical way of counting cards, how it saves people from falling prey to emotional or impulsive decisions. He and his MIT card counting team continued to win houses with their logical reasoning methods and became millionaires without breaking any law.
According to Mike Aponte, among other gambling games Blackjack gives you the chance to win money unlike Roulette etc. where the house edges are fixed. The trick to win the house in Blackjack is to keep a track of the already played cards. No, you are not being asked to appoint a secretary who will stand right next to you with a notepad in hand to take note of every card which is being played. Here comes the science and art of card counting where all the cards are distributed in 3 values.
Mike explains the strategy -
Each card from 2-6 has a value of +1 and they are called Low Cards
Each card from 10-A has a value of -1 and they are called High Cards
7, 8 and 9 are given neutral value i.e. 0.
Hence with this strategy in mind, it becomes an easy job to count the cards. Next to the card counting, blackjack is full of myths which often stand as hindrance in the way of winning. Here are few myths which you need to throw out of your mind while playing blackjack.
Bad players are not bad for you. So don’t curse the bad ones around your table. They will not influence your flow of game either way. Let’s concentrate on your own hand.
More money you put at stake, better will not be your winning chance. If you have been advised to put bigger amount as your bank roll then that person must be the dealer. Next time, turn a deaf ear.
Card counting is far away from being illegal. This doctrine might have been preached by those who may suffer heartbreaks if all the players learn this mathematical strategy.
You don’t have to be an Einstein to count the cards. But remember, this card counting does not guarantee 100% success rate.
No Comments »
Those who are actively engaged in the gambling industry may not miss the name, Michael
Shackleford or ‘the Wizard of Odds’, to be precise. A wonder himself who showed the courage to leave his secured government job to pursue his dream of becoming a Wizard, Michael used to cherish a keen understanding about the mathematical analysis of different gambling games from a very young age. When he was just a little boy of 13 years, he gobbled up a whole book, Scarne’s Guide to Casino Gambling, which left him deeply fascinated about the mathematical interpretations.
As he grew up, his passion for the Casino Math became stronger. He pursued his major in math and economics even after completing his first major in computer science. Then he took up actuary as his career choice before switching to Social Security Administration and soon he would get posted in the Baltimore headquarter. Then came that moment when he found his life- changing interest in understanding and analyzing different kinds of casino games. Michael never knew that what started out from pure fun would one day become the reason of his fame and fortune.
He started a website, Mike’s Gambling Page, where he used to put all the information received from analyzing different sorts of games. The slow but steady site traffic inspired him to take matters seriously and he soon got engaged with the site as he kept on uploading more information. Soon after, Michael Shackleford took the chair of a regular columnist in a popular casino magazine, Casino Player. After regular improvisation, Mike’s Gambling Page became the Wizard of Odds (www. wizardofodds.com), is one of the most reliable gambling wikipedia where you can find truly helpful (and logical too) information like book reviews, the house edge, money management, bonuses, promotional chips, betting system tips etc.
This encyclopedic site also contains contents on game-wise odds, game calculators, insightful online gambling basics, blog, play-for-fun games etc. which are available for free absolutely. Michael Shackleford himself maintains the website and writes the content; hence you should not worry about the accuracy or depth of the information. What else, the Wizard is always right there to help you out with your queries. Ask the Wizard is the interactive forum where all the casino enthusiasts talk about gambling, share thoughts and queries and help each other.
This interesting person flaunts his bright and colorful cap which looks enticing with its multiple feathers as Mike has achieved a lot of things within this short span. From penning down a book named Gambling 102 to teaching Casino logics at University, he is a multi-talented persona. Right now, Michael Shackleford is an Adjunct Professor of Casino at the University of Nevada. With his growing popularity and significant position in the world of gambling, he shifted his base from Baltimore to Las Vegas in February, 2011. So if you want to enrich your gambling knowledge, do not forget to visit http://wizardofodds.com and get the most reliable information from this trusted source. You will never forget it!
No Comments »
If you take a lot of interests in football and would love to make some money out of this passion for football then here is the chance for you. Normally, people enjoy the excitement of watching a football match from their expectation or favor for a particular team or the game. But the excitement grows to a thousand fold if the outcome of the match has something related to your own personal gain. That excitement becomes addictive. This is the reason why sports betting are gaining momentum popularity these days. Also, you need to bear the underlying fear of losing all your money if the bet faces misfortune. But we are a believer of ‘No risk, no gain” clause in life. Hence sports betting enthusiasts put their money at stake.
NFL sports betting or National Football League sports betting is considered to be one of the most promising betting events across sports betting enthusiasts. If you are a newbie in the world of NFL sports betting then you need to understand few tactics that will help you earn an edge over other professional bookmakers.
These tips and tactics are not only applicable for NFL sports betting, but also a general guideline for all sports bettors.
1. Put your emotions off the betting zone: When you are into NFL sports betting, your first task will be to put the emotions off the betting ground. Don’t let the emotions take over your logical state and play a spoiler. Be at the best of your logical mind when choosing the team to bet on. There are impulsive bettors who don’t use their brain and just follow their heart. Their loyalty towards their favorite team often proves to be a disaster. Hence do not commit the same mistake.
2. Practice patience during the initial stage of the season: Do not bet on a team in haste in the beginning of the season. Let the teams roll out their skills, give yourself the time to judge the teams and their individual performances and make a chart of the positive and negative aspects of each team. A lot the first week of your NFL sports betting for observing the happenings around. Another point, don’t make your choice out
of the last season’s result.
3. Be a close follower of the season: ‘Monitoring’ is the only monitoring word when it is about NFL sports betting. To win your bet, you need to minutely follow the season. Normally, a National Football League season runs for 17 weeks, starting from September to December. So such a long duration gives enough scope to sudden changes. The best player of initial matches may lose that charm in the later ones. So it’s wise to
watch every match, track every point, every detail of matches and maintain a sheet or chart.
4. Keep a track of the injury reports: Injury report plays a significant role in the NFL sports betting. In fact, National Football League updates its injury report publicly daily to keep the followers up-to-date. They even a points system on injury players. So keep a personal track of the injury report and make your choice accordingly.
No Comments »
AC, as it is fondly called by many, is the second biggest and most popular destination among gamble lovers across globe. From the richest business tycoons to middle class common people, this city is a choice of all. This city in New Jersey also shares the credit of being the sole influence behind the game of monopoly. So if you want to get lost in this city which is also called as “world’s favorite playground”, you need to know where to get yourself lost actually. Here is one such guideline which will give you the top 7 places of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
1. Beach: Situated on the coastline of the Atlantic Ocean, Atlantic City is famous for its coastal area and beaches. Whether it is night or day, the beauty of the Atlantic Ocean fascinates everybody. Margate Beaches need special mention, especially if you are travelling in the summer. Margate NJ is a neighboring city to Atlantic City.
2. Ocean City Boardwalk: This is the boardwalk that fetches the name of “World’s Playground”. I am not going to discuss the history behind the development of Boardwalk as you all may know it. The Boardwalk has in its store everything which can amaze you, entertain you and draws you to this city of gamble, fun and leisure.
3. White House Sub Shop: The heaven for all sandwich lovers, White House Sub Shop is a point on Arctic and Fairmount Avenue which is synonymous to good food that has been served to some of the most famous people on earth. From Frank Sinatra to Oprah Winfrey, they all had a taste of the famous sub roll filled with cheese, meat and some local ingredients.
4. Entertainment centers: If you want to tap your foot with the live performance of Christina Aguilera or Jerry Seinfeld then Atlantic City entertainment centers should not be missed. The show rooms and convention centers are all decked up throughout the year to hold such entertainment shows for its visitors.
5. Historic Town of Smithville: If you are not much interested in the hip and happening shows and casinos then the Historic Town of Smithville can be the perfect choice for you. Smithville New Jersey is just a stone throw away from AC, to be precise, a drive of not more than 10 minutes.
6. Somers Point: Another famous city in New Jersey, Somers Point offers fabulous nightlife. Although the city has gone through bad times of restrictions but the stigma is totally removed right now. If you are at Somers Point Bay Avenue, do not miss the Anchorage, Charlies Bar and Caronline’s by the Bay.
7. Golf Club: If you are a die-hard golf enthusiast then you should be in Atlantic City as it has a number of world class golf shrines like the Galloway National Golf Club, Brigantine Links or Scottish Golf links.
Also, do not miss the chance of jet skiing or the helicopter tour. If you are a lazy soul like me then just sail on the cruises. Atlantic City will never disappoint you.
No Comments »
If you are an ardent poker lover and if you are regular at online casinos then make the most of your passion for poker through online poker bonuses. You may have noticed that most of the poker sites offer a start-up bonus to attract new visitors. There is a subtle marketing strategy here; no one wants to risk his money with a new poker site. But if the new site offers free money or bonus which you can use while playing for the very first time, you will feel comfortable with that site and thus, you will be a regular at that particular site. Now, to convince the newbie a little more, some of the sites even offer the luxury of playing with free bonuses and win real money.
That’s the catch. Newbie poker enthusiasts can actually make a lot of money trying those start- up online poker bonuses. But the casino sites are not doing philanthropy either, hence there is a trick. These start-up bonuses can only be availed only after reaching a point or hands (in casino lingo). Or else, every next person visiting new sites will become billionaire soon and the site owners will face bankruptcy. So in order to utilize these bonuses you need to understand the pros and cons first.
1. Learn the rules of that site: The first and foremost task you must perform to reap the benefits of online poker bonuses is to understanding the rules and regulations of a particular poker website. There is no universal rule; hence every site may vary upon the game rules. Learn what their policy is of redeeming the start-up bonus because may be you will get a grand welcome message upon entering the site offering you a lucrative $200 free bonus money. But the moment you will progress, new terms of crossing hurdles will appear. So clear this point first. If you are eligible for the bonus only after playing a number of raked hands then consider this point.
2. Played until you reach the rank: Your fate with online poker bonuses is already determined by the poker sites. Until and unless you reach that pre-defined certain level, you cannot win your fortune. Hence play up to that level. If it’s about playing a number of hands or tournaments and reaching a point level then do that. And once you start your journey, don’t lose your heart mid way.
3. Reach the position within the given time: Time is the next factor you should keep in mind. Poker sites offer this beginners’ bonus for a limited time period, say a couple of months after which the bonuses will be invalid. So either it’s about playing cash hands or a certain number of tournaments, complete the tasks within the given time limit. Or else the fortune will slip out of your hand.
4. Clear a bonus: Your ultimate target is to clear the free online poker bonuses. While reaching the time in a stipulated time frame can ensure you the bonus. But remember, all these bonuses are given to the winners only. This is a point which you must not miss out. If you complete all the tasks like reaching the hands limit within given time frame, but ultimately loss out or score poor points, the bonuses will not be yours. Hence you must win the bets or tournaments. It’s sad but true that this world does not welcome the underachievers with open arms.
5. Don’t lose your brain: So you win the game and click the online poker bonuses at different sites. Your bankroll shows a huge amount as free gift. And you are on cloud nine. This success may turn your head and you will start placing bigger bets or playing at a higher level. No! Don’t do that! Keep your calm and play with balanced head. Your aim should be to double your profit by using the free online poker bonuses in the best way.
No Comments »